Well, I had my MRI done yesterday and made a beeline to Dr. Sahgal’s office to find out the results this morning.
Turns out the tumour encompasses about 60% of the bone (vertebrae #11). Radiation will probably kill the cancer, but the bone might not make it. So I will have to have day surgery (before the radiation) to put some kind of device in there so my spine doesn’t collapse. Am feeling a bit scared about this. The thought of becoming a paraplegic keeps crossing my mind.
It’s getting more difficult to do things like reach for items in a cupboard, pick stuff off the floors, open doors, and even walking now hurts. Thank heavens for that bottle of percocet.
My test results will be going to a surgeon at another downtown hospital. He will decide what needs to be done before the radiation treatment(s). Don’t think I will be getting an appointment until the following week, though.
I will have to be very careful until then. Frack jostled me last night and I’m sure the entire neighbourhood heard me screaming at the top of my lungs for a good 10 minutes. I thought he busted my ribs, but the MRI didn’t confirm that.
Thanks for keeping me in your prayers.