More Drama At My House

Well, the fire department was just here at 1:30 in the morning.  Man how I love our EMS services.  This time it wasn’t here to pick me up.  Our carbon monoxide detector went off.  The Internet said to get out of the house and call the fire department; so I did.

However, because my husband and I are a bunch of lunatics, we decided to quickly take out some of the junk we have stored in the furnace room before our house got red-tagged (thats when all of your gas is shut off to the house because there is some unsafe condition).  We had been meaning to clear it out for some time, but didn’t get around to doing it.  I had better things to do…vacation.

I have boxes of all my school stuff in the furnace room, plus a lot of Halloween creatures that are hanging from the ceiling.  I wonder what the firemen were saying as they were going through our house to see if there was any carbon monoxide leaks.  I give them credit for not reprimanding us for keeping so much junk in the furnace room when they came out and told us all was clear.  Our carbon monoxide detector malfunctioned…getting too old.  Didn’t realize you are suppose to change them every 5 years and I think I’ve had mine since we bought the house 15 years ago.  The firemen said they get a lot of calls right about now when people start to turn on their furnaces.  Oh well, we got an early start to taking out the Hallowe’en decorations!

IMG_4123

We stashed the kids in the car because it was a bit chilly outside.  They were a bit shocked when I pulled off their blankets this morning and yelled, “Get out of the house, the fire department is coming”.  Well at least they didn’t come with their sirens on this time.  However, the lights of the truck still alerted my Greek neighbours next door…. I heard their windows opening as I was talking to the firemen.  I wanted to yell, “Don’t worry, they are not here to pick me up this time!”

It’s 2:00 in the morning.  Do ya think I can go back to sleep?  Nope.  Sigh.  Guess I will just have to blog.

Lulu sleeping

Wanted to let everyone know that everything is A-Okay at our house.  From what I understand, someone saw an ambulance outside my house during the summer and thought it was for me, but it wasn’t.  I was in Paris.  The lady across the street from me fell in her bathtub and broke her shoulder.  They did a scan and found a tumour on her brain which she needed an operation for to relieve the pressure.  Previous ambulance visits on my street were for mainly for me…but not this time!   Thanks for caring!

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s